Protein Pancakes with Eggs & Bacon
1ripe banana smashed
½ cup vanilla protein (optional)
2 eggs beat
½ tsp vanilla extract
½ tsp cinnamon
Add-ins: ½-1 cup blueberries, ½ cupchopped pecans
2 slices of nitrate free bacon
1. Heat a skillet on medium with 1 tablespoon of coconut oil.
2. In a large bowl combine all ingredient,s until well mixed and fold in blueberries and pecans, batter should be slightly thinner than traditional batter
3. Using a cookie or ice cream scoop, scoop batter and cook on skillet until golden brown and firm enough to flip. Flip and cook the other side until golden brown. (These pancakes take a little longer to set than traditional pancakes)
4. Serve with 1 tablespoon of honey or maple syrup (organic or natural syrup, No Aunt Jemimas)
****The egg scramble from week one is always an option for breakfast. I will be providing different breakfast options every week, to add some variety to the meal plan. However, I suggest eating any variation of the egg scramble 3x a week, at least (I switch up the veggies every week). I choose to eat the egg dish every week for a couple reasons.
1. It’s fast and easy to prepare a weeks worth of eggs in one pan
2. I know that I will get the necessary protein, fats and veggies I need to fuel my body for the day. My metabolism reacts best when I began my day with this simple combination of nutrients