Stuffed Chicken Breasts with Asparagus
1lb Boneless skinless chicken breasts
3 cups spinach
1 red bell pepper sliced
¼ cup soft goat cheese
2 bunches asparagus
salt, pepper and garlic powder for seasoning chicken
1 tablespoon olive oil
Preheat oven to 375 degrees
1. Season both sides of the chicken breasts with salt, pepper and garlic powder.
2. Using a sharp knife carefully butterfly each chicken breasts (cut the chicken in half length wise. Be sure to leave one side of the breast intact so you can close the breasts like a taco.)
3. In a pan heat oil and sautee spinach until wilted.
4. Stuff each breast with spinach, sliced bell peppers and goat cheese.
5. Bake for 30-40 minutes until chicken is fully cooked, juices run clear and meat is no longer pink.
6. Serve with steamed, sautéed or roasted asparagus